A Bit About us
Founded in 1877 as Pretty & Ellis, specialists in the Valuation and Sale by Auction of Fine Art and Furniture, Amersham Auction Rooms continues to provide ever evolving professional advice to both Owners and Buyers
Auctioneers specialising in:
- Antique, Quality Reproduction, Decorative & Designer Furniture
- British, Continental & Oriental Ceramics & Glass
- Silver, Silver Plate, Bronzes & Other Metalwares
- Jewellery, Clocks, Watches & Scientific Instruments
- Pens & Associated Writing Equipment
- Postage Stamps, Coins & Toys
- Sporting & Related Items
- Early Toys, Model Railways & Games
- Books & Manuscripts
- Cars, Motorcycles & Models
- Oil Paintings, Watercolours & Prints
- Militaria & Related Items
- General Household Furnishings & Domestic Objects
- An Almost Unending Variety of Collectable Items
Auctions are held each Thursday, commencing at 10.30am and encompass a wide range of goods, appropriately allocated to General and Specialist Auctions
Live online bidding facilities are available for all our auctions: in addition to existing, free of charge, written and telephone arrangements already offered to absentee bidders by Amersham Auction Rooms Valuers
- For items intended for sale at Auction
- For Private Clients and Professional Representatives, requiring written reports for Probate, Insurance, Family Division or Taxation
The company has the facilities, expertise and experience to handle an almost unending variety of goods. No job is considered either too small or impossibly large, whether a single item or a substantial consignment and all goods are handled with equal care and attention.
Among their clients and fellow professionals, Amersham Auction Rooms have a reputation for providing an efficient, businesslike and personal service, with Buyers, Sellers, or even those with only a general enquiry, all being treated with the same friendly respect.
After years of recognition as one of the most dependable and forward looking specialist Companies outside London, whether as Independent Auctioneers or Valuers of goods for Probate, Insurance, Family Division or Tax Planning, the organisation has a growing and well deserved international reputation.