Please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale
- Reserve - Usually set by the Seller after taking advice from the auctioneers. A Reserve is the figure below which an item will not be sold and remains confidential between the Seller and the Auctioneers.
- Pre-auction estimates - Are prepared by Auctioneers for the benefit of prospective Buyers but are very much a matter of opinion. Although available during viewing and printed in each catalogue their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, Buyers should make their own assessments of worth.
- Hammer Price - The value at which the Auctioneer concludes the transaction.
- Buyers Premium - 20% of the hammer price + VAT on the premium only, which is added to the final "Hammer Price"
- Artists' Resale Right - a levy which can sometimes be changeable in addition to other costs. See Clause 24 Terms & Conditions of Sale
- Variable Increments - Dependant on the value of the item being auctioned, the Auctioneer will advance the bidding as follows:-
- Upto £100 in £5 increments
- between £100 & £200 in £10 increments
- between £200 & £500 in £20 increments
- between £500 & £1000 in £20 & £30 increments
- between £1000 & £2000 in £50 increments
- between £2000 & £3000 in £100 increments
- between £3000 & £5000 in £200 & £300 increments
- between £5000 & £10000 in £500 increments
- and thereafter, at the Auctioneer’s discretion